Amid the rapidly changing technology disruption era, developing employees’ competencies to be equipped with knowledges and occupational expertise as well as management skills, including promoting their leaderships, are the key success factors for achieving in organizational management. It is also one of the human resources management strategies in response to business expansions and increase competitive advantages. Consequently, BPP has prepared the comprehensive competency development plans for both executives and employees to heighten their learning ability and working efficiency in parallel with the leadership development plan corresponding to the organization’s targets and missions.
BPP has developed the IDP and training roadmap, divided into short- term (annual basis) and long- term employee development courses (according to the business strategy plan), the management approach of which are as follows:
As a result, BPP has set different employee development formats according to the position level to be in line with the most effective learning process and support the employee’s performances at each level as follows:
- Developing the Banpu Group Learning and Development Road Map by taking into account the knowledge necessary for working system, people system and managerial skills. BPP’s employee development is focusing on leadership and functional competencies so that our personnel, ranging from the employee level to the managerial level, can enhance their working skills in parallel with leadership capabilities.
- Improving the leadership competency in accordance with the business strategies for the years 2021-2025, namely:
- business acumen
- execution and deliverable management
- critical thinking and decision making
- growth mindset
- digital savy.
- Establishing a specific people capability development for power business and is in the process of organizing training courses for employees in
- Designing the High Potential Development Program for employees at all levels to train them with a set of knowledge relating to new skills required for the power business transition.
- Evaluating the IDPs and apply the results for continual improvement.
In addition, BPP has also encouraged its employees to learn in various ways such as:
- Providing opportunities for employees to gain direct working experiences, e.g., transferring to work in other functions having work characteristics close to such an employee’s function, attending the cross-function projects, and working in overseas affiliates, etc.
- Learning through online course platforms the employees can choose the topics they want to learn by themselves.
- Instilling all employees to realize the importance of continuous learning and development through enhancing the Growth Mindset.
- Employees completely setting up IDPs, accountable for 83% in Thailand, and 88% in China.
- Employees received an average of 21.5 training hours/ person/ year.
- Key positions having a succession plan covered 100%.
- Implementing specific people capability development for power business, such as project management training, negotiation, contract management, accounted for 70% of the total plan, including regularly coaching staff in the property management and engineering department by executives and experts on a monthly basis.
- In the previous year, BPP organized leadership and competency development trainings as following:
Key Activities and Projects
Banpu Group’s Training and Development Policy