Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) and Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) and Particulate Matters (PM) are the indicators of air quality released at stacks of the thermal as well as combined heat and power plants and being a major concern of communities around the power plants. In addition, the need to improve air quality in large cities with high air pollution, such as cities in China, has pushed the government to set standards and measures more strictly to improve the environment and health of local people in the area. The Company, therefore, has to adjust itself by implementing the effective control systems and reliable preventive measures for its operations. As such, the Company will be able to operate as required by laws and receive recognition as well as relieve concerns from the communities.
The Company has set up measures to control air quality in the safe level for employees and communities living surrounding the project’s areas. Furthermore, technologies properly for each area have been used as follows:
- The Company has always improved its high standard pollutant treatment system before releasing any contaminations from stacks, for example a SO2 precipitator called the ‘Flue Gas Desulfurization (FDG)’, a particular matter capturing system – the Electrostatic Precipitator, and a dust filter-the ‘Bagfilter’, etc.
- The Company has opted to use coal with low sulfur contents to reduce the amount of SO2 at the original point. It has established a long-term purchase agreement for the quality coal resources as specified. The online trading system has been open for coal traders to offer the coal quality meeting the Company’s requirement.
- The clean technology has been employed to help the boiler combustion completely, such as using the effective production and environmental friendly technology called ‘High Efficiency, Low Emissions (HELE)’, the clean technology for boiler combustion namely, the ‘Pulverized Fuel Combustion’ and ‘Fluidized Bed Combustion’ to reduce SO2 and NOx as well as dusts during the boiler’s combustion, etc.
- The air quality released at stack from all power plants comply with the regulations.
- SO2 intensity 0.0254 tonnes/ GWh
- NOx intensity 0.0420 tonnes/ GWh
- PM intensity 0.0027 tonnes/ GWh