BPP has operated its business, putting top priority on the sustainable supply chain management in order to build confidences among its stakeholders and to create values as well as competitive advantages effectively so as to reduce costs and risks possibly arising in the supply chain, such as a lack of production’s raw materials, a delay from products awaiting for being manufactured, inclusive of environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks in the supply chain, which may affect the operation, confidence and reputation of BPP
BPP has established the operating guidelines for supplier management according to the sustainable supply chain policy in order to achieve its goals to create sustainable values throughout the supply chain as follows:
- Procuring with transparency and fairness in accordance with the code of conduct principle of BPP.
- Integrating the targets on safety, occupational health, environment, social and governance (ESG) with the supply chain management strategies and other associated policies as well as searching for opportunities to improve and mitigate risks likely to arise in the supply chain.
- Driving the sustainable supplier management in production units through the integration of ISO 9001 Management System Standard, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard and ISO14001 Environmental Management System Standard.
- Verifying supplier’s qualifications relating to ESG in order to be able to properly identify and manage supply chain risks.
- Promoting business operations with suppliers adhering to ethical principles with social and environmental responsibility, respecting to human rights, and complying with the supplier code of conduct and any associated policies.
- Implementing any procedures to ensure that suppliers comply with laws and local regulations as well as international labor standards, such as setting up selection criteria, stipulating in the procurement contracts, and monitoring suppliers’ operations associated with environment, society and corporate governance, etc.
- Supporting local procurements in order to create economic returns in areas where BPP has operated.
- Developing the supplier code of conduct and applying it to supplier management by starting with the critical supplier.
- Encouraging suppliers to expand the use of sustainable practice guidelines throughout the supply chain for the continuous development and efficiency.
- Establishing the key performance indicators and regularly monitoring operations to ensure that the suppliers operate in accordance with the standards and laws set, for example inspecting the supplier’s operating sites, etc.
- Establishing the environmental, social, and corporate governance assessment forms in reference to the supplier code of conduct of BPP
- Regularly disclosing the supply chain’s sustainable performance to stakeholders.
Sustainable Supply Chain Policy
Supplier Code of Conduct
- No grievances relating to contractor’s management on environment, society, and corporate governance.
- No incidents associated with contractors violating laws, regulations, human rights and labors.
- Local procurement’s values representing 30%.
- The satisfactory survey found that 100% of contractors were satisfied with the operations of BPP.