Banpu Power and SDGs
Banpu Power has established the performance targets aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as follows:
||The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
||Banpu Power’s Targets by 2025
||7.1 By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
7.2 By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
7.3 By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency.
- Achieve the power generating capacity target of 5,300 MW comprising of 4,500 MWe from the thermal power generation and 800 MW from the renewable power generation.
- Improve energy efficiency and Availability Payment (AP) with the Availability Factor (AF) not less than 90% and Forced Outage Factor (FOF) not more than 5%.
- Key ESG issues are part of the CEO’s performance appraisal and cascaded to senior managements.
||8.8 Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment.
- All working place environment comply to regulatory requirements and standards.
- No major incident and occupational illness in employees and contractors
- Zero fatality
- Zero lost time injury frequency rate (LTIFR)
- Zero total recordable injury frequency rate (TRIFR)
- Zero high-consequence injury rate
- Zero fatality caused by occupational ill-health
- Zero total recordable occupational ill-health frequency rate
- Zero tier-1 process safety event rate
- Employee Engagement score of no less than 80%
- Banpu Heart Score of no less than 80%
- Proportion of employees having Individual Development Plan (IDP) equivalent to 100%
- All critical positions are identified for succession planning
- Proportion of business units conducing human rights risks assessment of no less than 70% in 2021
- No significant human rights complaints and 100% of significant human rights complaints resolved by a dispute resolution mechanism
- All business units have a risk management plan with ESG issues.
- Customer and Product
- Zero complaint about customer privacy
- Zero complaint about safety and environment concerning product use
- All customers’ complaints are investigated and resolved within an appropriate timeframe
||9.4 By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes, with all countries taking action in accordance with their respective capabilities.
- Reduce air emissions intensity of the thermal power plants for ultra-low emissions
- SO2 ≤ 0.0776 tonnes/GWh
- NOx ≤ 1.184 tonnes/GWh
- PM ≤ 0.0230 tonnes/GWh
- Hazardous waste disposal to landfills < 210 tonnes/year
- Non-hazardous waste disposal to landfills < 793 tonnes/year
- No significant environmental and social incident, and fines of non-compliance at all operation assets
- No significant ESG complaint from communities, both operation and resettlement
- All significant complaints must be resolve through dispute mechanism
- All thermal power plants in China was certified ISO 14001 (Environmental management system standards)
- Not less than 50% of spending on local suppliers
- 100% of of critical tier-1 suppliers assessed for ESG risks
- 100% of contracts contain ESG requirement clauses
- Cybersecurity and privacy maturity score not less than 2.5 (total score is 5)
||12.2 By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
- Water consumption intensity ≤ 0.868 m3/MWh
- Energy consumption intensity < 1.55 GJ/MWh
- 100% re-used/ recycled of fly ash and bottom ash
- All operational control assets assessed for potential biodiversity impact
||13.1 Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
- GHG emissions intensity ≤ 0.676 tonnes CO2e/MWh in all operational control thermal power plants
- Increase energy generation capacity from renewable energy to 800 MWe
- Disclose climate change information according to Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Establish business continuity management system and conduct drill at all operating assets
- 100% coverage of critical business function conduct business continuity plan drill
||16.5 Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
- Achieve zero incidents involving non-compliance, corporate governance and corruption
- 100% of significant corporate governance complaints resolved through a dispute mechanism
- Be a member of the Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC)