Banpu Power and SDGs
Banpu Power has established the performance targets aligning with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as follows:
||The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
||Banpu Power’s Targets 2021-2025
||7.1 By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
7.2 By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
7.3 By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency.
- Achieve the power generating capacity target of 5,300 MW comprising of 4,500 MWe from the thermal power generation and 800 MW from the renewable power generation by the year 2025.
||12.2 By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
- Water consumption intensity less than 0.868 m3/ MWh.
- 100% re-used/ recycle of fly ash and bottom ash
- Zero hazardous waste disposal to landfill
- Hazardous waste disposal less than 6 tonnes
- Non-hazardous waste disposal intensity less than 0.130 kg/ MWh
- All operational control assets assessed for potential biodiversity impact
||8.8 Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment.
- All working place environment comply to regulatory requirements and standards
- No major incident and occupational illness in employees and contractors
- Zero fatality
- Zero lost time injury frequency rate (LTIFR)
- Zero total recordable injury frequency rate (TRIFR)
- Zero high-consequence injury rate
- 100% working environment regulatory compliance
- Zero fatality caused by occupational ill-health
- Zero total recordable occupational ill-health frequency rate
- Zero tier-1 process safety event rate
||16.5 Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
- Achieve zero incident involving non-compliance, corporate governance and corruption. If there are significant complaints, they must be investigated and resolved with appropriate timeframe through dispute mechanism.
- Be certified as a member of the Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption (CAC)
||9.4 By 2030, upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean and environmentally sound technologies and industrial processes, with all countries taking action in accordance with their respective capabilities.
- Reduce air emissions intensity of the thermal power plants for ultra-low emissions
- SO2 ≤ 0.0776 tonnes/ MWh
- NOx ≤ 1.184 tonnes/ MWh
- PM ≤ 0.0230 tonnes/ MWh
- Water consumption intensity < 0.868 m3/ MWh
- No significant environmental incident, social incident and fines of non-compliance at all operation assets
- No significant ESG complaint from communities. All significant complaints must be resolve through dispute mechanism.
- All thermal power plants in China was certified ISO 14001 (Environmental management system standards)
||13.1 Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
13.3 Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
- GHG emissions intensity < 0.676 tonnes CO2e/ MWh
- Increase energy generation capacity from renewable energy to 800 MWh
- Disclose climate change information according to Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Establish business continuity management system and conduct drill at all operating assets
Sustainable Development Policy