Banpu Power has assessed key materiality affecting the sustainable development (SD) while its SD framework has been correspondingly to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and AA1000 AccountAbility Principles (AA1000AP). The Company will specify strategies, goals and clear indicators for key materiality, referring to data collection in accordance with GRI Standards covering environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles. The Company’s significant materiality has been annually reviewed by the Sustainable Development Committee.
Sources of Sustainability Topics
- Changing trends or directions in energy and related businesses
- Related laws and changing trends in the future
- Current and future customer demand
- Operational strategy and growth
- Best operational practices in power and other related businesses
- Operational and growth-related risks
- Social and environmental risks
- Feedback from stakeholders
Result from Materiality Assessment
BPP used the 2019 material assessment results in determining the contents of this sustainable development report, while the 2020 sustainable materiality was reviewed. Additionally, the Sustainable Development Committee has raised the significances of two sustainability materiality topics, including;
- Business continuity management (BCM): Because BCM is a critical issue involved with the COVID-19 epidemic; and
- Succession plan development: Due to the limited numbers of human resources with extensive knowledge and expertise in the power generation business, it is an issue the firms are interested in defining and equipping their human resources with the organization’s key positions.