Banpu Power has assessed key materiality affecting the sustainable development (SD) while its SD framework has been correspondingly to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and AA1000 AccountAbility Principles (AA1000AP). The Company will specify strategies, goals and clear indicators for key materiality, referring to data collection in accordance with GRI Standards covering environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles. The Company’s significant materiality has been annually reviewed by the Sustainable Development Committee.
Sources of Sustainability Topics
• Changing trends or directions in energy and related businesses
• Related laws and changing trends in the future
• Current and future customer demand
• Operational strategy and growth
• Best operational practices in power and other related businesses
• Operational and growth-related risks
• Social and environmental risks
• Feedback from stakeholders
Result from Materiality Assessment
The Company used the results of the 2019 key assessments to determine the sustainability model in 2020 by considering the importance of customer management issue to higher levels from the past year. The national and international sustainability assessment agencies pay attention to 12 important topics.